Could this weeks featured ingredient be your secret to healthier skin? Let's dive into Lavender and see!
✨ It's important for me to start with this, the specific composition of Lavender can vary based on several factors, such as the type of Lavender plant used, its growing conditions, and extraction or production methods. Additionally, the quality of the Lavender can also impact its therapeutic properties, which is why we carefully source all of the Lavender we work with here at Cosmic.
Often used in aromatherapy, almost everyone knows Lavender for its unmistakable scent. However, beyond its lovely aroma, it's a favorite used in cosmetics for its versatility and numerous benefits. Here are a few reasons why:
- Antimicrobial: Lavender has antimicrobial properties that help to prevent and treat skin infections and has been known to improve acne prone skin.
- Anti-inflammatory: Lavender has anti-inflammatory properties that can help to reduce redness, swelling, and itching associated with skin irritations and rashes.
- Soothing: Lavender's soothing and calming properties make it an ideal ingredient in products designed to calm and comfort sensitive skin.
- Vitamins: Lavender is composed of a number of skin-loving vitamins, including Vitamin A, Vitamin E, and Vitamin C.
- Healing: Lavender oil can help the skin heal from trauma such as cuts, burns, and insect bites and may even help minimize and fade scarring.
Prized in skin care products primarily because of its soothing and antimicrobial properties. It's found in a variety of products, including lotions, creams, toners, and bath products, and is widely accepted as an effective ingredient for promoting happy and healthy skin.
Lavender has long been used in skin care, records show ancient Romans, Greeks, and Egyptians using Lavender for its fragrance and medicinal properties. As well as being used in perfumes and cosmetics, as a natural deodorant, and to treat some skin conditions.
Here at Cosmic, we formulate with Lavender in 3 forms across a selection of our skincare and body products. All are extracted from the flowers of the Lavender plant, where you'll gain benefits through aromatherapy and topical use. You can begin using lavender here at Cosmic through:
1. Precious Organic Lavender Essential Oils
2. Gentle Organic Lavender Hydrosol
3. Dried Lavender Flowers
Whether you incorporate it into your self-care practices by using products already containing Lavender or by adding a few drops of pure essential oil to your bath, invest in products made with or containing real natural Lavender vs. artificial fragrances to experience the transformative power of this versatile and natural ingredient.
If you're new to using essential oils, it's important to remember to dilute it with a carrier oil to avoid irritation. High-quality essential oils are potent and should be handled carefully. We take care of this for you here at Cosmic, all Lavender is diluted to a safe healing ratio for topical use on the skin. That said, as with introducing any new product to your skin, always perform a patch test before using it all over your face or body.
If you're ready to start your journey to healthier, happy skin today, please make sure you start with a patch test to check for any adverse reactions. Fight acne by keeping acne causing bacteria under control using our Lavender Toner Water daily or mix it into one of our clay mask blends or try our Manuka Honey + Lavender Face Scrub for your weekly exfoliating. Reduce Redness, Inflammation, and Promote Healing in skin by using our Organic Lavender Body Soap, Lavender Body Scrubs, or Lavender Body Frostings as a daily healing practice for your skin. Finally, relax and rejuvenate with conscious deep breathing while using our Lavender products will add a therapeutic aromatherapy quality to your self-care practices. Try it, your mind and body will thank you! 💜