Today's the first New Moon of 2023 ✨
Taking the time to honor the moon's cycles can be an act of self-care and self-nurturing. It can be a way of taking time out of our busy lives to reflect, relax and connect with ourselves. Engaging in rituals and traditions can create a sacred space for self-care and be a powerful tool for personal growth and transformation. It can also be a way to connect with the natural world and to be more mindful of the connection between ourselves, the Earth, and the universe.
Here are a few of my favorite New Moon/Full Moon self-care practices. Pick at least one to try this week - hit the pause button and allow this new moon to guide you.
- Set intentions: Use the new moon's energy to set intentions for the upcoming lunar cycle.
- Meditate: Take time to meditate and reflect on the new beginnings that the new moon represents.
- Moon Bath: Take a bath with salts and essential oils under the new moon's light to cleanse your body, mind, and spirit.
- Yoga: Practice yoga under the light of the new moon.
- Gardening: Plant seeds or bulbs on the night of the new moon to symbolize new beginnings and growth.
- Journal: Write in a journal on the night of the new moon, reflecting on the past lunar cycle and setting intentions for the next one.
- Make art: Create art that reflects your intentions and wishes for the upcoming lunar cycle.
- Nature walk: Take a walk under the new moonlight, connect with nature, and let go of anything holding you back.
- Tarot reading: Do a tarot reading on the night of the new moon to gain insight into the energy and themes of the upcoming lunar cycle.
- Facial Date: Solo or with a friend, set aside some time to pamper your skin. Do a deep cleanse, toner, face mask, or scrub, moisturize, massage, and Gua Sha.
- Dancing: Dance under the new moon's light to celebrate new beginnings and release old patterns and habits.
- Eating: Prepare a special meal on the night of the new moon to celebrate new beginnings and to nourish your body, mind, and spirit.
- Make Moon Water: Set out a glass or pitcher of water to charge in the moon's light. Drink, bathe or use your moon water in your skincare in the days following.
- Rituals: Set out your crystals, stones, smudging bundles, or other pretty & special things to charge in the moon's light.
- Celebrating with friends: Gather with friends and family on the night of the new moon and celebrate new beginnings together.