In case you haven't noticed, I'm a huge fan of plant magic. 🌱✨ I love learning the natural properties of plants and how they're best extracted, produced, and worked with to preserve their healing qualities. And I'm spilling all the tea here with you in our new series, Ingredient Spotlight. It's my hope to share what I've learned over the last decade so that you can begin to use the power of plant magic to help nurture your skin.
This week's featured ingredient, Jojoba Oil, is at the top of my list for a healthier, more radiant complexion. In my experience, most all skin types can see benefits from using Jojoba Oil, being that it's a steller balancing oil for the skin.
Jojoba oil is a natural oil derived from the jojoba plant's seeds, which are native to the desert regions of Arizona, California, and Mexico. Jojoba has been used for centuries by indigenous people for its various benefits for the skin, hair, and scalp. Its use in skincare products has a long history, as it was traditionally used as a natural remedy for dry skin, acne, and other skin conditions. Today, it's commonly found in various skincare products, including moisturizers, serums, face oils, and hair and scalp care products. Its ability to moisturize, soothe, protect and balance the skin makes it a versatile and effective ingredient in many skincare products, and why I love it so much as a daily skincare ingredient.
Jojoba oil naturally contains various minerals, vitamins, and chemicals that work together to help moisturize, protect, and nourish the skin. Including:
- Wax esters, that are similar in composition to the natural oils or sebum produced by our skin, making it easily absorbed, non-greasy, and an excellent balancing oil.
- Rich in minerals such as zinc, copper, and chromium. These minerals are important for maintaining healthy skin, hair, and nails.
- A natural source of vitamins such as vitamin E, vitamin B-complex, and vitamin A. Vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps to protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals, while vitamin B-complex helps improve the skin's texture and moisture retention. Vitamin A is a powerful antioxidant that can help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Rich in phytosterols, that help to soothe inflammation and irritation.
- Contains a high percentage of long-chain fatty acids, like oleic, linoleic, and palmitic acids, that help to moisturize and nourish the skin.
The problem is, traditional skincare products can be filled with harsh chemicals that can actually damage your skin further. So if you're tired of a dry, dull, or irritated complexion, try products containing jojoba oil and see the benefits for yourself.
Its composition is similar to the natural oils produced by our skin, making it easily absorbed and has a balancing effect on almost every skin type. Using products containing natural jojoba oil, and you'll see improved hydration, a reduction in dryness and redness, and a youthful, more radiant complexion. The perfect solution for healthy, glowing skin.
To start incorporating jojoba into your daily skincare routine, look for products like our Organic Complexion Soap, Moisturizing Complexion Oils, and Face Scrubs. Give your skin the nourishment it deserves and give jojoba oil a try. Your skin will thank you!