What's it means to "Mind our Hydration" and why's it at the top of my Summertime Care List?
Minding out Hydration just means that we're prioritizing proper hydration. And that's extra important to the skin especially when the temperatures rise and were prone to more natural water loss. Making sure we're hydrated this summer means more water in every cell of our body. When the body is well hydrated, it leads cells to swell and be plump and bouncy, thus reflecting light well. YAY
What are my top 5 tips for taking care of hydration:
- Most of us know we should be drinking a minimum of 64 oz of water per day or half our body weight in water. For example, If you're about 170 lbs that would make your daily water intake 85 oz per day minimum.
- Start drinking water early, right after waking up. Water should be our first choice in the morning to wake up our digestive system, before coffee or tea.
- Carry your water with you. If you carry a water bottle with you every day, you're far more likely to meet your daily intake.
- Eat your water, during the summer months add foods especially high in water content, like watermelon and cucumbers to help the body stay hydrated.
- When we're talking about hydration in skincare we can take a two-step approach. First, we hydrate internally of course, as I've covered in 1-4 above. Second, adding a super hydrating serum like our Plumping Serum with Hylauronic Acid & Vitamin B5 followed by your favorite moisturizing oil can improve the feel and appearance of thirsty skin by hydrating the skins cells topically, giving skin a smoother hydrated texture.
For more info you can watch our Skin Hydration vs Moisture on Cosmic IGTV. If you've made it this far, feel free to use coupon code: SUMMERLOVIN for 10% off your first bottle of our Plumping Serum, this week only. Code expires this weekend.
Cheer's to staying hydrated this summer!